Rokop Security

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> System recovery with Knoppix, Knoppix hilf mir bitte ?!
Catweazle
Beitrag 13.11.2003, 16:38
Beitrag #1

Salmei, Dalmei, Adonei

Gruppe: Mitglieder
Mitglieds-Nr.: 95

Hallo ich habe bei IBM einen Artikel gefunden wo man Knoppix auf Recovery tunen kann, der Artikel ist in Englisch laugh.gif

Einen kleinen Auszug:

This article shows how to access a non-booting Linux system with a Knoppix CD, get read-write permissions on configuration files, create and manage partitions and filesystems, and copy files to various storage media and over the network. You can use Knoppix for hardware and system configuration detection and for creating and managing partitions and filesystems. You can do it all from Knoppix's excellent graphical utilities, or from the command line.
Knoppix, which is a complete bootable Linux on a CD, has become my rescue disk of choice. An excellent introduction to Knoppix appeared in developerWorks a few months ago ("Knoppix gives bootable, one-disk Linux" by Cameron Laird).

My old mainstays were Tom's Root Boot, "The most GNU/Linux on one floppy disk," and Peter Anvin's SuperRescue CD, "An overfeatured rescue CD." Both are first-rate Linux rescue disks. One of my favorite show-off tricks is to do a complete bare-metal system rebuild, using only a Tom's Root Boot disk and an Internet connection.

As CD-ROMs became standard on PCs, I wore out several SuperRescue CDs. However, it is based on Red Hat 7.2, which is a great Red Hat but is also an old Red Hat. So, 7.2 does not have the hardware support, such as USB or wireless, found in later distributions.

Der Link ist : http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linu...KnoppixRecovery

Vielleicht Intressiert sich ja jemand dafür smile.gif

Catweazle

Der Beitrag wurde von Catweazle bearbeitet: 13.11.2003, 16:39

--------------------
Ich habe keine Homepage, wers nicht glaubt:

http://catweazle.hat-gar-keine-homepage.de/

Spend most of my time in a state of Dementa wondering where I am.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gast_piet_*
Beitrag 13.11.2003, 16:48
Beitrag #2

Gäste

Feine Zusammenfassung. Danke für den Link Catweazle. thumbup.gif

piet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 1 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 26.06.2024, 22:58
Impressum